The easiest way to install WordPress on cPanel hosting is to utilise Softaculous. To use Softaculous to install WordPress, complete the following steps.
- Access cPanel by browsing to http://your-domain-name/cpanel, ensuring to replace 'your-domain-name' with your actual domain
- Login using the details provided in the welcome email
- Click on 'Softaculous' located under 'Software/Services'
- Click on 'WordPress' under 'Top Scripts'
- This will load an overview screen, click on the blue 'Install' button
- Complete the setup form, entering details as per your requirements
- Click on the grey 'Install' button at the bottom of the form
To verify the installation has completed successfully, browse to the new instance of WordPress using the provided links on the 'Congratulations' screen.
At this point you should have a working instance of WordPress, if you have any issues getting this to work to this point then you can contact us for assistance.
You can also check out additional looks and functionality for your new site, including free themes, paid themes and free plugins. Just keep the advice of the security links in mind, and only use reputable, well reviewed and updated add-ons.