If you have a VPS with backup enabled on it, you can restore selected files, folders and database from any recovery point stored in the Idera backup manager.
To restore data from the Idera backup manager, follow the instructions bellow:
- Sign in into the Idera backup manager using the details given in email sent out when Idera is configured.
- Click on 'Recovery Points' in the menu on the left hand side of the page.
- If you have multiple servers being backed up, you may need to select the 'Server'.
- Select the 'Disk Safe' for associated with the server. This will open a Recovery Point list for the server selected.
The backup system stores 7 days worth of backup for each of the server. Database backups will be stored if purchased on the legacy products. Our new product include database backups by default.
There are 3 types of restore that you can do on your server.
- File restore:
- Click on the browse folder icon in the Recovery List.
- Select the file or files you want to restore.
- Click on 'Restore Selected'
- Click on 'Overwrite Existing Files' if you want to replace the existing files on the server.
(If you have just deleted some file accidentally and just want the file restore, do not select this option)
[Note: If you are not sure about which options to select do not change them or contact our support team for assistance]
- Click on 'Restore'
- Database Restore:
- Click on browse database icon in the Recovery List.
- Select the database you want to restore.
- Click 'Restore Selected'
- A pop up window will now open, Click 'Restore' if you are not sure about other options.
- Bare Metal Restore:
- This is a full restore of the server from the drive level. You will need to submit a request to the support team if you want to perform this.
Once the restore process has started you will get a progress page for the restore task you started.