If you need to reset the root password for your VPS you can do this from the My Account area. To do this complete the following steps:
Please Note, resetting the root password reset will reboot the server
- Login to 'My Account'
- Once logged in, under 'My Services' select the server you wish to reset the root password for.
- Click on 'Advanced Control'
- Once logged in, select 'Virtual Servers' on the lefthand menu under 'Appliances'
- Click on the name of the server you wish to reset the root password.
- On the right side of the page click on the 'Tools' button.
- Click on 'Reset Root Password', under 'Administrative Options'
- Click on the toggle for 'Set Password' and enter the password of your choice and click 'Set Password' button. (Note: This action will reboot the server)
Once the reboot is completed the root password for your server will be reset to the password of your choosing.