If you have recently had issues updating WHM/cPanel you may be wondering what is causing this. If FrontPage Extensions are still installed on the server this will cause issues with updating.
cPanel are removing support for FrontPage entirely in cPanel & WHM version 11.46, as FrontPage has not been supported on Linux servers by Microsoft since 2006. Crucial strongly recommend that you remove Frontpage Extensions.
Please note that this is an irreversible action, once completed you will not be able to reinstall FrontPage Extensions. It is up to you to ensure that FrontPage is not in use before removing it server wide.
To remove FrontPage extensions, complete the following steps.
- Login To WHM
- In the search bar located in the top left, search for 'FrontPage'
- Click on 'Uninstall FrontPage Extensions'
- At the bottom of the page, ensure there is a tick in the 'Uninstall Microsoft® FrontPage Extensions.' option
- Click the blue 'Uninstall' button
- You will receive confirmation that FrontPage has been uninstalled
- Once it has been removed, it will no longer show up in WHM
- You will now be able to update WHM, and it is highly recommended that you do so, to update search for 'Upgrade' in the search bar
- To update the server ensure the 'Force a reinstall even if the system is up to date' box is ticked, then click on 'Click to Upgrade'
The server will now be updated, with Frontpage extensions removed.