You can follow the steps below to generate a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) in cPanel to use for the ordering of a SSL certificate.
- Access cPanel by browsing to http://your-domain-name/cpanel, ensuring to replace 'your-domain-name' with your actual domain
- Browse to the 'SSL/TLS Manager'
- Click on 'Generate, view, or delete SSL certificate signing requests.'
- Leave the Key Size as 2,048 bits
Ensure you provide accurate and truthful information as the details are reviewed by the Certificate Authority.
- Fill in the fields marked as 'Required' on this page
- Domains - Provide the Fully Qualified Domain Names that you wish to secure. If you are using a wildcard certificate use *domain.com
- City - City of the associated business or site owner.
- State - State of the associated business / site owner.
- Country - Country of associated business / site owner
- Company / Organization Name - This should be your business or organisation name. If this is for a personal site, then just put your site's name for example.
- Company Division - This is generally used to identify which company / business department, team is responsible. For example 'Technology'.
- Email Address - Email contact for SSL configuration. Can be a distribution list.
- Passphrase - This is an optional field, only use it if your Certificate Authority requires it.
- Description - This is also an optional field, feel free to include a description of the SSL certificate.
6. Hit Generate once you have completed the CSR generation.