This guide outlines how to install and enable Git in a Cloudlinux/Cpanel environment, as well as adding it under CageFS.
Use the following steps to install Git on a CloudLinux/cPanel server:
- To install Git on a CloudLinux/cPanel server we need to install git for cPanel, use the following code:
- To install Git on a Centos installation you will need to run the following:
- If the server has CageFS installed, GIT has to be manually added to CageFS. Complete the following steps:
1. Create a file called /etc/cagefs/conf.d/git.cfg and add the following:
Check the Git paths to make sure the files exist in the given location, if not correct the path accordingly.
2. Run the "/usr/sbin/cagefsctl --update" command.