When you sign up with Managed Google Apps from Crucial, the process to set up your Google Apps account includes two parts:
- The Setup Wizard
- Enter domain details
- Enter admin account information
- The Activation Steps
- Accept the Terms of Service
- Validate their domain
- Migrate IMAP mailboxes (optional)
- Update MX records
This article will explain the Activation Steps.
The Activation Steps
The Activation Stepsincludes the following options:
1. Read and Accept Google's Terms of Service - This step is must be completed prior to activation
2. Validate Your Domain - This step must be completed prior to activation, validation ensures the person who purchased the Google Apps account also owns the domain name/website affiliated with the domain. See
3. Migrate Your Old Email (if purchased) - This step is optional. You can choose to buy a migration pack which means Crucial will migrate your IMAP mailboxes to Google Apps.
4. Update MX records - This step is must be completed prior to activation and usage of Gmail.
For more in-depth information about each of these steps, please refer to the following articles: